Top Tips for Careers - Students
Useful Tips for Students
Can you show the 8 essential skills employers are looking for?
- Study job vacancies, look for ‘transferable’ skills.
- Do you have these skills? If not, how can you gain them?
- Find out about businesses that are opening and closing where you live.
- LMI can be gathered in many ways. Talk to your parents, grandparents, family friends or carers about their working experiences. Talk about what they like and don't like.
- Speak to someone in the careers team at school or an independent advisor.
- Watch the news and read local newspapers. Stay up to date with what is going on in the world.