Investors in People Gold Award
Ravenshall School in Dewsbury and The Mirfield Free Grammar and Sixth Form have become the first schools in the area to achieve the prestigious Gold status at their recent Investors in People reviews, acknowledging achievement of world-class best practice and representing cutting-edge organisations operating at the very highest levels of people management practice.
The schools are now part of the exclusive 1% of Investors in People in the country that have achieved Gold recognition, meaning they are now eligible to use and display the sought after Investors in People Gold logo and enjoy its benefits.
This is a major accolade, a world class award, and I am very proud of my staff. Our staff are our greatest asset and investment in their development and well being ensures outstanding success for students
- Lorraine Barker, Principal, The MFG
I took over the Headship of Ravenshall School in September 2010 and I am delighted to be a part of this wonderful community. Every member of staff appreciates the importance of their role within the school, and the teamwork, partnership, trust and respect is inspiring.
- Jeanette Tate, Headteacher of Ravenshall School
This is a fantastic achievement for Ravenshall and The Mirfield Free Grammar and Sixth Form and I would like to congratulate the organisations and their people on their commitment to continuous improvement. At idg, we are committed to working with organisations to raise standards and improve performance through people and by offering a flexible, practical and easy to use framework, Investors in People is designed to help organisations and their people enhance performance and meet goals. By achieving Gold recognition, Ravenshall and The Mirfield Free Grammar are certainly working to do this.
- Chris Jones, Head of Operations at idg, the Investors in People Centre for the North of England
With over 200 employees, The Mirfield Free Grammar and Sixth Form is a large 11-18 co-educational Academy. It is judged by Ofsted as “Outstanding” and it is significantly oversubscribed. It has High Performing Leadership Status and works with a number of other schools in the Yorkshire and Humberside region to help them to raise achievement. Hayley Allan, IIP Assessor, stated in her report “Improvements are continually made to the way people are led, managed and developed at MFG. Staff are proud of the achievements of the school. Staff could not express enough how much they love working at MFG and they feel privileged to be part of an ‘outstanding’ academy.”
With over 75 employees, Ravenshall School has been an Investor in People since 1999. Stephen Hudson, Assessor, noted that “Rarely would any visitor meet such a dedicated team of fulfilled people whose energy and enthusiasm is channeled to support each other, their students and the extended Ravenshall communities”
About Investors in People
- Investors in People offers a practical, flexible and easy to use tool for improving business performance and competitiveness through good practice in people management.
- An organisation that has achieved Investors in People has been successful in adopting and maintaining its three fundamental principles: Plan – developing strategies to improve the performance of the organisation, from business goals to leadership strategies; Do – implementing those strategies, taking action to improve the performance of the organisation; Review – evaluating and adjusting those strategies, measuring their impact on the performance of the organisation.
- The UK Commission for Employment and Skills holds strategic responsibility for the Investors in People framework and brand.
- The Investors in People framework is delivered by a partner network:
- In England, the network of Investors in People Centres.
- In Scotland, Scottish Enterprise (SE) or Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE).
- In Wales, the Business Skills Delivery Team at the Department for Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills, Welsh Assembly Government.
- In Northern Ireland, the Department for Employment of Learning.
- Investors in People North of England is delivered by idg, official partner for the North East, North West and Yorkshire and Humber. As organisational development specialists, idg offers advisory and assessment services relating to the framework.